One of the simplest and most exciting games in any casino, blackjack has a lot of hidden features. In real land-based casinos, blackjack is the only game where you can get a positive mathematical expectation. Beginners prefer to use a basic strategy. and experienced players sometimes practice several strategies at once, their advantage over the gambling house reaches up to 2% of the average bet.
Despite the relatively complex rules, it is enough for beginners to learn the basic blackjack strategy to master the game and achieve good results in the online gambling real money game. A significant advantage of blackjack is the ability to minimize the mathematical advantage of a gambling club using certain strategies. In addition, the gameplay is exciting from the first minutes.
Black Jack rules consist of many components, and each point should be known, because it is important. But for beginners it is enough to master the basic concepts, and only then gradually understand the details of online blackjack. So, the goal of the game, known as “21”, is to score 21 points or less, but in no case more (otherwise the points are lost). The number of points must be higher than the dealer’s. If the banker and the player have the same number of points, a draw is declared and everyone keeps their points.
The game of Blackjack for money is played as follows:
- the croupier deals two cards to the players and himself (last), then reveals one card (in most versions of the game);
- players optionally take purchases (additional cards), trying to increase the number of points to 21;
- the points are counted, the win of one or the other side or a draw is announced;
- in case of a gambler’s victory, payment is accrued according to the established multipliers.
Points are calculated according to the value of the cards:
- from two to ten – according to the face value;
- King, Queen, Jack – 10 points each;
- Ace – 1 or 11 points (as it is more profitable for the player).
Any card worth 10 points in combination with Ace (11 points) is the strongest hand, i.e. Blackjack.
Types of bets and player’s actions in online blackjack
The player’s rights in online blackjack are not limited to buying. In certain situations (depending on the two cards dealt) the following options are available:
- Splitting the same cards into two hands (Split). Conditionally, one hand turns into two, that is, the player gets double chances to win. Split requires a bet on the starting amount. You can split points only if the first two cards are equivalent, for example, King + ten, two sevens, etc. The game of the first hand does not depend on the game of the second hand.
- Doubling the bet (Dabl). You can increase the initial bet after the first two cards are dealt and, if necessary, take a buy-in.
- Refusal from further play (Sarendo). In some variations of online blackjack, you can refuse to play after receiving the first two cards. In this case, the player is returned half of the bet.
- Insurance. When the function is provided in the game, the gambler can insure against blackjack from the banker after he opens one card. If it is an Ace, the player bets half of the initial bet and wins 2:1 – provided that the dealer has blackjack. Otherwise, a draw is declared.
Specific rules and features are spelled out on the page of each version of blackjack in online casinos. You should read them carefully before starting the game.
Variety of online blackjack for money
In online casinos, blackjack is represented by two main types:
- American. The banker deals himself two cards, opens one. Waits for the players to buy in. If there is a possibility of blackjack formation, participants are invited to take insurance (provided that it is allowed by the rules).
- European. The dealer takes one card but does not open it. After the players make their moves, the second card is drawn. One of the cards is opened.
Each type has numerous variations that differ in the nuances of blackjack rules, number of decks, features, design, etc. Some variants, such as Pontoon, Switch, Exchange, Spanish, are less common but can be found in casinos. As for the popular versions of the game, each of them may have its own peculiarity. This is because each provider tries to implement some unique options in their own developments to make the game recognizable.
Live blackjack with a real dealer
Live blackjack – the live format of the game – is in huge demand, which is explained by the opportunity to play with a real professional croupier who is in a land-based studio. From there, the gaming process is broadcasted in real time, and all the actions of the host are filmed by many cameras. Participants can ask the dealer questions and (often) see each other’s comments. Playing live blackjack, the gambler feels the atmosphere of a land-based hall, which adds to the game and makes it more exciting.
Leading manufacturers of online blackjack
The most famous developers of the card game are the following companies:
- Microgaming. Many variations of Black Jack, where different currencies are accepted.
- NetEnt. Several modifications of entertainment, including live blackjack.
- Playtech. About a dozen versions, including Pro (“7 cards”), Surrender (bet splitting), Switch (minimum casino advantage), Lucky (one deck), etc.
Live and virtual blackjack is also offered by Evolution Gaming, Evoplay, iSoftBet, Yggdrasil, etc. Most of the tables can be seen in official live blackjack casino.
Strategies for a more profitable online blackjack game
In order to win as often as possible, users often resort to some blackjack tactics, the essence of which is very simple and lies in the expediency of the purchase. So, it is not recommended to take an additional card if the value of the first two cards is 17 points or more. Or if the banker has 4-6, and the player has 12-16 points. On the other hand, a purchase will be appropriate in the following cases
- the player has 11 or less points;
- the dealer has 7 points, the gambler has 12-16 points;
- with a soft (1 point) Ace and 17 or less points.
In blackjack, strategies boil down to the main rule: always stop if you have 17 or more points. And also double down on soft hands with combinations:
- Ace and two/three against 5-6 points;
- Ace and four/five against 4-6;
- Ace and seven against 3-6.
Some participants of the game keep track of the hand and the number of pictures and tens remaining in the deck. If there are a lot of such cards, you can play online blackjack with increased stakes, as the probability of collecting a strong combination is very high.